Please be advised all Jefferson County Driver’s License branch locations will be CLOSED on Saturday, May 28 and Monday, May 30 in observance of Memorial Day.
All Branches will reopen on Tuesday, May 31 with regular business hours.
Welcome to DriveJefferson.com — your one-stop source for information about obtaining a Kentucky driver’s license or state identification card in Jefferson County, Ky.
Kentucky driver’s licenses and IDs are issued by the Office of the Circuit Court Clerk under guidelines established by the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet and in partnership with the Kentucky State Police, which handles driver’s written and road testing.
- West Louisville
- Outer Loop-Highview
- Bowman Field
For Locations & Hours, CLICK HERE
- Check (Cashier’s checks and money orders are accepted. Personal checks are not accepted.)
- Credit cards (There is a $2 convenience fee for using a credit card.)
- Debit cards (There is a $2 convenience fee for using a debit card.)
- There is an ATM at all locations. (There is a $3.50 bank service charge.)
- Renew an operator’s/driver’s license ($20)
- Renew an operator’s/motorcycle license ($30)
- Renew a driver’s permit ($12)
- Renew a commercial driver’s license (Fee varies.)
- Get an ID card (Adult: $12, Child [ages 2-14]: $4)
- Get a duplicate driver’s or commercial driver’s license ($12) (Commercial license price varies.)
- Transfer a license to Kentucky if you’re moving from another state and your license is still valid ($20 — operator only) Learn more here
- Pay a traffic citation. (There is a $6 convenience fee for using a credit card. It must be processed 3 business days before the scheduled court date. The Downtown Branch does not process traffic citations.)